Localisation Specialist, Global Education Cluster
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Localization – Cluster Coordination Specialist at any existing Save the Children International office location.
The Global Education Cluster provides support to c 30-education clusters/EiE Working Groups, which collectively, coordinate education in emergency responses to over 25 million children. The Localization and Education Coordination Specialist will be part of the Rapid Response Team, and responsible for providing direct and remote support to these country coordination groups, including specific support related to local partner engagement. This would include supporting the coordination groups to assess local partner capacities, developing sectoral strategies to strengthen overall response capacities and ensure that local partners are able to contribute as full members of the coordination group.
This post is deployable for up to 50% of the time. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Significant relevant professional experience (in cluster coordination, coaching, mentoring and institutional capacity development), including within humanitarian contexts
- Experience of leading and/or significant involvement in delivering partner capacity assessments, institutional capacity strengthening or change management processes
- Experience of working within, or closely with, local / national civil society organisations
- Familiarity with the IASC Cluster System
- Strong interpersonal skills; a demonstrable ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of partners, and across multiple cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- The ability to influence, negotiate, coach, and deliver difficult messages with tact and confidence
- Strong personal organisational and self-management skills with an ability to work in teams and motivate others
- A proactive and solution orientated approach, able to use initiative to see opportunities to achieve the objectives of this role and the cluster
- A commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children
- Written and verbal fluency in English and one of the following additional languages – Spanish, Arabic, French
- The ability to travel up to 50% to often remote and insecure environments
We can offer circa £54,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 17 Nov 2021
Closing date: 11 Dec 2021 - 01:59 CAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time