Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Vetting Assistant at any existing Save the Children International office location.
Vetting in SCI is a process by which the details of all staff members, partners (and their key staff) and suppliers (and their key staff) are checked to ensure that these individuals and entities do not have any connection with sanctioned or terrorist organisations and have not committed or been implicated in any terrorism or other financial crimes.
Re-vetting of suppliers and partners, on which this role will be focusing on, is a process of checking all previously vetted individuals and organisations. The role holder will carry out compliance checks on suppliers we use internationally to ensure thorough and effective re-vetting, escalating any concerns to the Procurement Operations Manager and Legal Counsel as necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- strong attention to detail;
- understands the need for confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and correspondence;
- have strong analytical approach to correctly identify the potential risk to the organisation and effectively escalate confirmed compliance cases;
- highly developed organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and to work calmly when under pressure to achieve deadlines;
- previous general office administration experience;
- highly competent in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- experienced in developing and maintaining efficient filing systems;
- strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in English;
- evidenced ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Some knowledge and understanding of legal, risk and/or procurement practices, terms and language.
We can offer circa £24,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 17 Nov 2021
Closing date: 8 Dec 2021 - 01:59 CAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Business Support
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time